lördag 23 december 2017

On30 river dump - new version

Click on the trackplan to see a larger version

Yet another version of of my tiny logging diorama/switching layout.

I started with the “River camp” trackplan and picked up a few ideas from the “Sawmill scene”. I removed the run-around, to free more track for loading or storing equipment. The run-around does not make much sense since the engine cannot run around its train in the fiddle yard anyway, so I assume this is done off scene, and trains back into this part of the camp. The engine service area was moved to the right, which freed up space along the rear track to group repair shops and warehouse together.The only drawback is that engines will be stored with their rear end facing the door. Since trains will work upphill from the river bank it is prudent to turn them this way, so the crown sheet of the boiler stays covered with water on a hill. Also, I want my Shay to show off its drive-train..

The front track was turned into a log dump track on a trestle, with an A frame unloader. Shipping and unloading logs is of course the raison d’etre for any logging railroad, and the log dump is an iconic feature. The flip side is that there is no realistic way to actually dump logs, or exchange loaded cars for empties..

Finally, looking at a lot of photos of sternwheelers in action, I did not see any elaborate dock arrangements or cranes. So I settled for a small floating dock, staying level with the steamer deck so supplies can be hand-carted off the steamer.

Overall, I think this version includes many of the features I would like to model, with separate areas for maintenance/repair, engine service, log dump and steamer dock.

1 kommentar:

  1. Slots, Poker, and Table Games - DrmCD
    slots, poker, and 거제 출장샵 table games. Find a slot, 김천 출장안마 table games, video poker, bingo, and 춘천 출장마사지 table games near you 서산 출장안마 from our database. 충청남도 출장샵

    SvaraRadera